Planned Annual Events and Activities:
- Nepali School for Children
- Nepali New Year Celebration
- Online Radio
- Spring Daze
- Blood Donation
- Run for Fun
- Ramailo Saanjh (Lok Dohori)
- Ramailo Saanjh (Comedy Entertainment)
- Poetry Festival
- Academic Activities for Children & Youths
- Teej Celebration
- International Festival
- Sangalo Publication
- Dashain Celebration
- Tihar (Deusi-Bhailo) Celebration
- Adopt a Highway
- Data Collection (Census)
- Fund Raise
- Networking Events
- Nepali Movie Show
The election to choose new President, VPs, Secretary, Treasurer and BOD members is around the corner. Detail information will be available soon!
Message from NCNC Election Officer:
Dear Community Members,
As you know I have been nominated as a election officer of NCNC to conduct NCNC election 2013. I have accepted my nomination as a election officer to conduct the election for new executive committee for 2014-2015. I assure all the community members this election will be held freely and fairly. Below is the timeline and detail schedule for upcoming election:
Candidate's Nomination File---- December 5th till 11:59 P.M.
Candidate's name publish: December 6th till 11:59 P.M.
File Complain against candidate: December: Dec 7th Till 11:59 P.M.
Nomination Withdraw--- December 8th till 5 P.M.
Final Candidate Name List Publish: December 9th till 11:59 P.M.
Voting List Publish and necessary preparation: December 9th to 13th
Election Day (Voting)----December 14th Saturday from 11 AM -5 PM.
Please be advised,
1. only the dues paying members in good standing that includes annual members, 5 years members, and life members will be eligible to vote and one vote per member rule will apply .
2. If you currently are not a member of NCNC, I request you to apply for membership and become a voting member by paying the necessary dues to NCNC prior to Nov 30th.Those who will become member of NCNC by this date will be eligible for voting.
3. To be eligible to serve as an elected Director of the BOD, a person shall have been a member of NCNC for a minimum of one year immediately prior to the start of the person's term.
4. Each eligible member, 18 years or older, shall cast one vote for one position.
Additional information will be published soon.
Shree Kanta Gautam
NASeA Leadership Award 2012
NCNC President Shailendra Devkota has received NASeA Leadership Award 2012. Click here to read the award letter!
Mirmire Online Radio Has Been Launched:
We are proud to announce that our first episode of Mirmire Online Radio Podcast has been launched on Saturday, April 14th, 2012. We have moved the radio player to its own page where we have different radio players for different browsers.
CLICK HERE TO GO TO RADIO PLAYER PAGE. You can also click "Online Radio: Mirmire" tab on the left link menu.
SANGALO Received ISSN:
Library of Congress U.S. ISSN CENTER has assigned ISSN number to our annual publication "SANGALO".
Great News for all NCNC Members!!!
All NCNC members (annual, five years and life members) will get 10% discount on their purchase in the following two stores.
Triangle Indian Market: 740 East Chatham Street, Suite A, Cary, NC 27511
Apna Bazaar: 3607 Davis Drive, Morrisville, NC 27560
Udupi Cafe: 590 East Chatham St., Cary, NC 27511, Phone: 919-465-0898
Bombay Beijing (Indo Chinese) Restaurant: 1026 Ryan Road, Cary, NC 27511, Phone: 919-467-8286
Goals of NCNC:
- To preserve the cultural heritage, traditions and customs of Nepal
- To promote Nepalese arts, literature, music, dances and customs
- To promote educational, charitable, social and sport activities
- To provide networking opportunities for NCNC members and others
- To provide assistance to increase the welfare of the people of Nepal
- To provide information and moral support to Nepali immigrants, students and new comers with the integration in to the main stream of the USA
- To provide emergency support to the people in need
Our purpose is to blend and foster friendship and cordial relations with the local community, protect Nepali culture and identity, extend helping hand to Nepal and the Nepalese around the world in any way possible. We also endeavor to disseminate information and advice to new and potential comers to North Carolina, as well as to those with a desire to learn about Nepal, Nepali culture or those that are ready to embark upon a trip to Nepal.
-Nepal Center of North Carolina